Students can apply for admission into College in prescribed admission form with own hand writing issued by the College Office on payment of Rs. 200/- and submit the form within the last date. Admission into the College is given strictly on the basis of merit and it is governed by College Admission Rules. An admission committee, comprising a group of experienced teachers, coordinates and ensures the smooth conduct of the process under the direct guidance of the College authority. The decision of the College authority would be final in this regard. For any wrong or misleading information given in the form, the admission will be liable to be cancelled.
Those who seek admission must submit attested copies of the following documents and are compulsorily required to produce the original documents at the time of admission for verification:
- Mark sheets and certificates of previous qualifying examinations(for all applicants)
- Transfer Certificate and Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended (for all applicants)
- Age Certificate(for all applicants)
- Registration and Migration Certificate (wherever applicable)
- Caste Certificate (wherever applicable)
- Income Certificate (May be collected from Mouzadar/Circle Officer - necessary for Scholarship)
- Students who have discontinued their studies after passing the qualifying examination will have to produce a "Gap Certificate" issued by the Head of the Institution last attended. The certificate has to mention the activities of the student during the period of gap.
- Applicants for admissions who have passed their last examination from a Board of Education or University other than the Secondary Board of Assam(SEBA), Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC) or Gauhati University will be required to submit their MIGRATION CERTIFICATE (IN ORIGINAL) at the time of admission. Failing to do so may result in their admissions being cancelled without any prior notice. Migration from Jagiroad College is usually allowed only after the completion of the First Year of their respective programme in regular mode and declaration of results of examinations.